BECOME A PILATES INSTRUCTOR
Upcoming Teacher Training Program Dates:
Class meets on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12pm-4pm
Pilates Fundamentals and Philosophy - September 12th - 15th
Mat Pilates Training - September 19th - October 6th
Reformer Training - October 10th - November 17th
Cadillac/Trapeze Training - November 27th - December 14th
Wunda Chair Training - January 9th - January 23rd
Ladder Barrel/ Small Barrel/ Spine Corrector - January 26th - January 30th **This is a NEW offering!**
Review February 2nd / Practical Exam February 6th
TrueFit Pilates and Training Center with Master Teacher Trainer Jennifer Wolfe is proud to offer Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training program. The PSC (Pilates Sports Center) program is an Internationally recognized program with a Cutting Edge Approach to Pilates Teacher Training. TrueFit Pilates, an affiliate of PSC, teaches a contemporary approach to the method developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s; one that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s knowledge and principals. Small class sizes and high contact hours with review and anatomy provided.
Students will learn the Classical and Progressive approach (East Coast & West Coast) to Pilates all in one program using a beautiful, organized photographic manual. Our instructors are successful, sought after and return to us for continued workshops year after year.
Upon completion of your Pilates Teacher Training program, you will be prepared to take the PMA Pilates Certification™ exam if you desire.
all-inclusive 450+ hour course includes:
- Pilates Mat Repertoire
- Universal Reformer Repertoire
- Cadillac/Trapeze Table
- Wunda/Combo Chair
- Ladder Barrel/ Small Barrel/ Spine Corrector
- Fundamental Pilates philosophy
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy, terminology and biomechanics taught in an interactive environment
- Small apparatus skills: jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, thera bands/balls
- Combining Classical and Progressive Pilates styles with modifications and variations
- Creative training and programming skills for any level of proficiency
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
- Graduates of a Comprehensive Program will the meet criteria for, and be prepared to take, the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam™
- No delayed modules, no extra testing fees, no levels, no delay in your education
What makes the PSC program unique?
• Small class size, meeting twice weekly at 4 hour increments, allowing absorption of the material.
• 120 hours of actual class time
• All PSC Master Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple certifications, have passed rigorous testing and are PMA certified Pilates Teachers.
• Extensive photographic manual is included in the course, outlining each exercise in length.
• PSC teaches both an East Coast (classical) and a West Coast (progressive) progression/execution to create a well-rounded instructor. This is unique to PSC
• PSC requires an entrance and exit interview/exam to graduate only those who are truly ready.
• Competitively priced with no hidden fees.
• Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs-this creates the most capable and skilled trainer.
• Review and testing are 90% oral/practical, training you to think on your feet and apply information in a practical, physical way, insuring an understanding of the material for your success.
• Students are given ample review time (9-12 hours) in class, with the instructor.
• Students may choose to study one module or engage in the full program.
• PSC consistently upholds the most current PMA curriculum recommendations.