UPCOMING TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM DATES:
STARTING THIS FALL!!
Class meets on Wednesdays and Fridays from 12pm-4pm
Pilates Fundamentals and Philosophy - September 4th - 6th
Mat Pilates Training - September 11th - September 27th
Reformer Training - October 2nd - November 8th
Cadillac/Trapeze Training - November 13th - December 6th
(off Thanksgiving week)
Wunda Chair Training - December 6th - December 18th
January 8th, 2020 Review/ January 15th Written Exam/ January 17th Practical Exam
TrueFit Pilates and Training Center with Master Teacher Trainer Jennifer Wolfe is proud to offer Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training program. The PSC (Pilates Sports Center) program is an Internationally recognized program with a Cutting Edge Approach to Pilates Teacher Training. TrueFit Pilates, an affiliate of PSC, teaches a contemporary approach to the method developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s; one that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s knowledge and principals. Small class sizes and high contact hours with review and anatomy provided.
Students will learn the Classical and Progressive approach (East Coast & West Coast) to Pilates all in one program using a beautiful, organized photographic manual. Our instructors are successful, sought after and return to us for continued workshops year after year.
Upon completion of your Pilates Teacher Training program, you will be prepared to take the PMA Pilates Certification™ exam if you desire.
all-inclusive 450+ hour course includes:
Pilates Mat Repertoire
Universal Reformer Repertoire
Ladder Barrel/ Small Barrel/ Spine Corrector
Fundamental Pilates philosophy
Client assessment and alignment protocol
Anatomy, terminology and biomechanics taught in an interactive environment
Small apparatus skills: jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, thera bands/balls
Combining Classical and Progressive Pilates styles with modifications and variations
Creative training and programming skills for any level of proficiency
Verbal and tactile cueing skills
Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
Studio etiquette and equipment safety
Ethics and scope of practice
Understanding specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
Graduates of a Comprehensive Program will the meet criteria for, and be prepared to take, the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam™
No delayed modules, no extra testing fees, no levels, no delay in your education
What makes the PSC program unique?
• Small class size, meeting twice weekly at 4 hour increments, allowing absorption of the material.
• 120 hours of actual class time
• All PSC Master Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple certifications, have passed rigorous testing and are PMA certified Pilates Teachers.
• Extensive photographic manual is included in the course, outlining each exercise in length.
• PSC teaches both an East Coast (classical) and a West Coast (progressive) progression/execution to create a well-rounded instructor. This is unique to PSC
• PSC requires an entrance and exit interview/exam to graduate only those who are truly ready.
• Competitively priced with no hidden fees.
• Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs-this creates the most capable and skilled trainer.
• Review and testing are 90% oral/practical, training you to think on your feet and apply information in a practical, physical way, insuring an understanding of the material for your success.
• Students are given ample review time (9-12 hours) in class, with the instructor.
• Students may choose to study one module or engage in the full program.
• PSC consistently upholds the most current PMA curriculum recommendations.